Add to MailChimp audience plugin
This plugin adds contact to your MailChimp audience based on provided data.
Before using this plugin, you need to create MailChimp account, generate marketing API key and add MailChimp to resources.
This plugin takes payload - any JSON-like object.
Plugin returns MailChimp API response on response port if action was successful, or an error from MailChimp API on port error if one occurs.
- MailChimp resource - here select your MailChimp marketing resource with API key.
- ID of your list (audience) - it's your audience's ID, that you can easily check on MailChimp website (see below for instructions).
- Contact's email address - that's path to email address of your contact. Notice that field can contain multiple values, so if profile after merging has two email addresses, then plugin will add two contacts to your audience.
- MailChimp merge fields - here you can determine relation between your audience's merge fields and fields in Tracardi data. If you associate merge field FNAME (which is default merge field for first name) with dot path ** firstname.lastname@example.org**, then your contact's first name will be taken from this Tracardi field.
- Subscribed - this parameter determines whether contact is ready for sending emails or should receive confirmation email from MailChimp. According to MailChimp's policy, you must have contact's explicit consent in order to mark them as subscribed.
- Update existing data - here you can determine whether plugin is allowed to edit existing contacts according to email address compatibility.
Where do I find Mailchimp audience ID?
To find your audience ID do the following steps:
- Click Audience.
- Click All contacts.
- If you have more than one audience, click the Current audience drop-down and choose the one you want to work with.
- In the tabs find Settings and click the Setting's drop-down
- Choose "Audience name and defaults".
- In the Audience ID section, you'll see a string of letters and numbers.