Remove from MailChimp audience plugin
This plugin removes contact from your MailChimp audience based on provided data.
Before using this plugin, you need to create MailChimp account, generate marketing API key and add MailChimp to resources.
This plugin takes payload - any JSON-like object.
Plugin returns MailChimp API response on response port if action was successful, or an error from MailChimp API on port error if one occurs.
Config with form
- MailChimp resource - here select your MailChimp marketing resource with API key.
- ID of your list (audience) - it's your audience's ID, that you can easily check on MailChimp website (see below for instructions).
- Contact's email address - that's path to email address of your contact. Notice that field can contain multiple values, therefore if profile after merging has two email addresses, then plugin will add two contacts to your audience.
- Permanently delete contact - Here you can determine whether given contact should be archived (such that you can re-add them) or permanently deleted, with no way of recreating and no data left (at least without their consent).
Possible lose of data
Removing an email from the recipient list with the delete option has serious ramifications. Once deleted, an e-mail cannot be added without the consent of its owner again. Use the delete option with caution. In most cases, delete: false is the correct configuration
Where do I find Mailchimp audience ID?
To find your audience ID do the following steps:
- Click Audience.
- Click All contacts.
- If you have more than one audience, click the Current audience drop-down and choose the one you want to work with.
- In the tabs find Settings and click the Setting's drop-down
- Choose "Audience name and defaults".
- In the Audience ID section, you'll see a string of letters and numbers.