How to Replace a Profile in Workflow?
Sometimes, it may be necessary to replace a profile with a different profile based on certain data from the event properties. This documentation will walk through how to do this using a workflow and looking for a profile based on a specific identifier, such as an email address. By following the instructions below, you can easily replace a profile and ensure that the correct information is being used in the workflow.
- Create a workflow with a start and end node
- Add a "Load Profile by" node and connect it to the start node
- Select the field (e.g., email) that you would like to use to identify the profile
- Send the email in the event properties
- Add an "Event Properties" node and connect it to the "Load Profile by" node for debugging purposes
- Run the workflow
- Check the state of the profile to ensure it was successfully loaded
- If the email is misspelled, there will be an error indicating that no record was found
- Consider what to do with events that do not have a profile (e.g., discard the event or keep it for further analysis)