InfluxDB is an open-source time series database (TSDB). It includes APIs for storing and querying data, processing it in the background for ETL or monitoring and alerting purposes, user dashboards, and visualizing and exploring the data and more.
Resource configuration and set-up
In order to enable an integration between InfluxDB and Tracardi you need an API. The InfluxDB API provides a programmatic interface for all interactions with InfluxDB, it uses API tokens to authorize API requests. API tokens ensure secure interaction between InfluxDB and Tracardi. An API token belongs to a specific user and identifies InfluxDB permissions within the user’s organization.
To manage InfluxDB API Tokens in the InfluxDB UI:
- Navigate to the API Tokens management page.
- In the navigation menu on the left, select Data (Load Data) > Tokens.
- Click a token name in the list to view the token and a summary of access permissions.
For Creating a token in the InfluxDB UI:
- From the API Tokens management page, click Generate and select a token type (Read/Write Token or All Access API Token).
- In the window that appears, enter a description for your token in the Description field.
- If generating a read/write token:
- Search for and select buckets to read from in the Read pane.
- Search for and select buckets to write to in the Write pane.
- Click Save.
If you need more help with getting your API Token visit: https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v2.4/security/tokens/