Twitter is a free social networking site where users broadcast short posts known as tweets. These tweets can contain text, videos, photos or links
Resource configuration and set-up
To create your twitter application please follow these steps.
- Go to https://apps.twitter.com/ sing in your Twitter account and then click on the "Create new app" button.
- Choose App Environment, then type your application name, Click Next
- Now click "Go to dashboard" button in the bottom right corner.
Now you have to change your access level from Essential to Elevated, to do this you have to go through a few steps.
- Go to https://developer.twitter.com/en/portal/products/elevated and change your access to elevated, then click " Apply".
- Now you will need to provide information why you do you need elevated access.
If you get Elevated access level then you have to change User authentication settings
- On the list in left side expand Projects and Apps and click your project name. The same name you set in the previous steps.
- Now in the bottom of page you can see "User authentication settings" section, click on "Set up" button in this section.
- Change App permission to "Read and write", choose type of your app (most probably Web App, Automated App or Bot)
- Fill App info with the following information:
- Callback URI - the webhook from the Tracardi source. Create a source that will receive events from Twitter and copy the source webhook to the form.
- Website URL - you website URL
- Organization name - you business name, or website name.
- Confirm that you want to change you permissions.
- Copy Client ID and Client Secret in case you need them.
Generate API keys
If the previous steps have been completed now you can generate your API keys.
- Expand Projects and Apps and click your app name.
- Now select "Keys and tokens" in the tabs (right after the app title).
- Click Generate button in the Consumer Keys section. Button next to API Key and Secret.
- Copy the API Key and API Key Secret to the Tracardi form
- Click Generate button in the Authentication Tokens section. Button next to Access Token and Secret.
- Copy the Access Token and Access Token Secret to the Tracardi form